Monday, January 14, 2013

sometimes I wonder...



random post #1:

1) When I go to a shop to buy something, many a times the shopkeeper says, the actual price is X, but to you, I will give it at a discounted price of Y.
Wow, thank you for the discount. Now, can you tell me how you know me for giving me such a big discount?

2) During my college days, I used to go for the movies, first day first show, and it was always crowded with long queues. I try to enter the queue in the middle, and people shout, “STAND IN THE QUEUE”.
I AM “trying to stand in” the queue, just that I am trying to enter the queue from the middle, not the back.

3) You are not sure of something in your work, and you ask your colleague. They clear your doubt, however it is always pre/proceeded by “I am not really sure if this is correct”, or “As far as I remember” or “I think it is because of”…
I asked you the doubt because of these reasons, because I was not sure, because I remember only so much, or because that is what I think it is. Could you not just take a few minutes, and give me a sure reply?

4) There is acute shortage of power (current) in the villages; cities have more than a few hours power cut. And cricket, a game which can be played in broad day light, has to be played as a day-night game with huge flood lights.

5) Pitch report for a football match, if there was one: “The ground looks great, and is fully covered with grass. The ball will roll on from one foot to another, but the midfielders will have a tough time trying to hit the right areas. However, defenders will have a great time as they usually know the opposite team player’s right area to hit. There is a little bit moisture in the ground, which will make the job easier for the forwards as they can dive comfortably. Above all, there seems to be a bit of fog, limiting the visibility of referees, thus making their job easier.”

6) When you travel in a flight, you are allowed a laptop bag (around 5kg) with your carry bag (7kg), but you are not allowed to carry a 8kg carry bag alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment